Andrew's Japanese Blog

Friday, October 27, 2006

Pod Cast

What makes a good radio/tv/podcast?

Hm....A very broad question. Probably the most important thing is having an interesting subject to talk about. It can be music, news, talk and debate, whatever, as long as you know who your audience is. It is a very versatile way of communicating with people, and the you should be as creative possible. Thinking of new ways to get your information across to the people, new things to talk about, etc. Of course, I have no background in public broadcasting, so my advice should be taken with a grain of salt. The one professional tip I do know is that there should be no dead air. Dead air is simply a part in the broadcast where no one is talking and there is no music. You need to grab the attention of the listener, and must constantly offer something to bring them in to what you are doing. Since podcast's differ from radio in that you can download and listen any time and multiple times, there should also be some replay value to the content. People should want to listen to it again and again.

Hm, I guess that's about all I can come up with on the subject. I'm guessing we will be doing a class podcasting pretty soon, in which case I think it will be とてもおもしろいです。もうろくじはんにです。そろそろばんごはんをたべます。しつれします

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home